Multi-Family Building Inspections in Los Angeles
Commercial Property Inspections
A commercial property inspection, from the client’s perspective, tends to be focused on major systems such as electrical, plumbing, heating and A/C, roofing, the structure, and the site itself. This inspection can also inform the client how much of an investment would be necessary throughout the initial years.
Multi-family inspections, however, usually focus on individual units within a property. These inspections aim to answer the questions, “How much do I have to spend now so I can use the property the way I want to? How much will it cost for repairs and maintenance?” At Commercial Real Estate Inspectors, LLC, we use our RISK Assessment process to answer these questions.
Differences Between Commercial Inspections & Multi-Family Inspections
When performing commercial inspections, our professional inspectors consider many factors and conde requirements for each system and property depending on its use and when/where it was built. Regardless of whether you need industrial, office, warehouse, medical, retail, or any other kind of commercial inspection, Commercial Real Estate Inspectors, LLC has the tools and knowledge necessary to inspect the property safely and thoroughly.
- Plumbing is often less stressed in commercial buildings as it tends to involve only functioning toilets and hot water. In other types of commercial properties, this system includes sprinkler systems or food processing. The main inspection point for multi-family plumbing systems is function. It’s very important to ensure that each unit has working plumbing for the comfort of the tenants renting it.
- Electrical systems in commercial inspections vary widely. Multi-family electrical inspections have fewer requirements in terms of size, but the requirements they do have are very specific, including safety outlets and smoke alarms.
- Heating and AC systems can equally vary widely for commercial properties as well as multi-family buildings.
- Structural inspections cover all types of properties in the commercial space, though most commercial structures in Los Angeles, including multi-family properties, are built on concrete slabs.
- Site inspections cover anything not specifically in the building – therefore, parking lots and street parking are often included for both commercial sites and multi-family properties.
Many Multi-Family Inspections Have Unique Circumstances
The focus that our Los Angeles real estate inspectors place on multi-family is functional use as well as health and safety issues. We believe it is imperative for the buyer to be present at the inspection so we can have direct communication about any items, questions, or concerns that need to be addressed.
Call Us for a Free Quote
Communication is one of the most important parts of the inspection process. Our commercial property inspectors can help you identify any problems with your property and suggest the best solution.
When you need a professional commercial inspection done for your Los Angeles property, make Commercial Real Estate Inspectors, LLC your first call. We are available to discuss your needs at (888) 277-2716.