The CREI Inspection Process in Los Angeles
What Your Commercial Property Inspector Will Do
During our general procedure inspections, our commercial property inspector team surveys the entire building’s five major systems:
- Heating & Air Conditioning
- We also provide an assessment of any other current maintenance issues for the site. This assessment will cover three aspects of these systems, per industry standards, namely:
- What Maintenance/Repairs are needed immediately for each system.
- What is the expected useful life left in each system.
- What costs are expected over the next five years for each system.
How Long Does a Real Estate Inspection Take?
Typically, this takes about one to three hours. We gather our notes and take pictures to ensure we have everything we need to put together a comprehensive report back in the office. We usually go through what we have found on the site with our client, if they are present, or with one of their representatives. We normally email the report to the client by the end of the next business day; however, depending on the size and complexity of the site it could take up to 2-3 days. We can usually do up to a 20,000 to 30,000 sq. ft. office building in one day and get the report out by the end of the next business day.
The following is a partial list of the types of buildings we inspect:
- Shopping Centers & Strip Malls
- Office Buildings
- Factories & Light Industrial Properties
- Religious & Institutional Properties
- Recreational Facilities & Sports Complexes
- Medical Facilities
What Do We Look For as a Commercial Property Inspector?
- We individualize each inspection to meet the clients’ needs. Our inspections include, but are not limited to the following items:
- Foundation – construction, walls, floors
- Roof – covering, flashing, drainage
- Insulation – type, amount
- Interior Spaces – Walls, Floors, Rooms, Offices, Restrooms
- Exterior – Site, Walls, Windows & Doors
- Electrical & Plumbing Systems
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
- Parking Structures
Other Services We Provide In Los Angeles, Montrose, Ventura, and Orange County
- Safety concerns for fire & other hazards
- Cost quotes for repairs and modifications
- Annual maintenance costs
- Parking facilities inspection and report
- Recreational facilities
- Sewer line inspections
- Accessibility analysis and recommendations
Note: We do not inspect commercial equipment such as refrigeration units or commercial grade ovens; however, we can refer you to qualified technicians for this type of inspection. Please ask your commercial property inspector or one of our office staff for further information.
To get a free quote from our Los Angeles commercial property inspector team, call (888) 277-2716 now.